Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday, 5/8

For today in class, my partner and I were able to meet with the people in charge of the archive. I have never met them before so it was really cool to meet them for the first time. After talking to them for a while, they did not have any old hockey equipment as the archive just started only 6 years ago. The first thing they showed us was the very first women's hockey jacket that we could possibly use. Then, they took us down to the basement and took out some pictures for us. We got to look at two pictures that immediately caught grant's and my attention. One, was a very old team picture of a hockey team who all wore the very beginning of hockey equipment. The other was a picture of a team playing on the frozen pond and skating around. These pictures just goes to show how much things have changed at Lawrence and for the history of hockey equipment.

For tonight, I started working on my research for skates for this week in the library. There is a lot of research on skates so we will have a handful this week. Also, my goal for tomorrow is to get a hold of Cindy's dad to see if he has any old hockey equipment that Grant and I can use for our project.

No comments:

Post a Comment