Sadly, as the year has come to an end along with the senior projects, this is my last chance to expand and explain in more depth some of the details of my project. Out of the six skills, I would say writing improved the most and became my strongest skill. Having to write articles during the week for each piece of equipment was time consuming and difficult. After researching the information online, I would have to change up all the words and phrases to make them into my own.
For reading, we could have expanded on this skill. For this skill, this project only required us to read and look up all the information online.
For organization, I knew this was already a strong point for me. But at the beginning of the term, I was not staying up with my logs and lacking consistency of getting them done. I didn't find the point in doing them and didn't see how they were helping us. But after Mr. Igoe talked to me and I started being more consistent with them, I realized how much they help you stay prepared and organized. Writing every night helped me stay up with my daily plan and discuss what needed to get done the next day and rest of the week, etc. Another major assesment that helped in staying organized was the final calender my partner and I finished in requiring us to write our schedule each day for the rest of the term. After spending a lot of time to finish it with thorough thinking, we were able to use that every day for the rest of the term staying up to date.
For thinking, this skill played a major part when I was changing up the information online into my own words. Having to change up every sentence into my own words took a lot of time and was difficult for me. Also, having to fill in the calender with our daily schedule throughout the week required a lot of thought into how we would spend our days and nights for the rest of the term working to finish this project.
In speaking, I worked with Grant on this project. Communication was very important in meeting all the deadlines and working as a group together. We assigned our assignments to each other each day and helped each other in need as well. Our presentations played the biggest role in speaking though. For myself, I feel as if I have improved on public speaking over the years and do not get as nervous like I used to in the past.
For listening, this part did not much play much of a major role in this project. It was hard to incorporate it in everything. As having a partner though, we listened to each others ideas and shared our thoughts while putting them together. Being able to work well with your partner and be successful is key.
My strongest part for myself on the project was being able to stay up to task on the logs and stay organized having a daily schedule of what i needed to do each day.
For next year's senior class, I would advise to choose a topic you are very passionate about and will not get bored of doing for a full term. I enjoyed working on the history of hockey equipment as hockey is my favorite sport. I have grown up around it my whole life. You should choose to do something you love to do in your everyday life because thats what this project will consist of. Also, if you decide to choose a partner, make sure you guys will work well together and have worked together before. It is also a good idea if your good friends and can constantly work together.
No comments:
Post a Comment